The MWISD Partners In Education program brings the Mineral Wells community together into our schools that enables collaboration dedicated to inspiring student success, engaging community involvement, and connecting mutual relationships.
Businesses, corporations, non-profit organizations, and individuals that join the MWISD partner program are encouraged to build an essential union with their chosen schools.
MWISD Partners In Education program promotes the importance of volunteerism, community services and connects the business community to our students.
The program joins the community and public education together to insure success, a sense of commitment and dedication for the development of our students and play a significant role in providing leadership and communications in public education.
The MWISD Partners In Education program matches caring individuals and interested groups with students and schools who need positive support for their educational and personal growth. Through successful partnerships, partners become an advocate for students, teachers, and public school education.
Schools need Partners In Education to support and enrich the lives of children in the Mineral Wells Independent School District and to make our community a better place in which to live.
By establishing school-community partnerships for quality education, we can help our students to:
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Experience additional chances for accomplishment
- Bring enthusiasm and encouragement for academic success and achievement.
- Receive instant positive feedback.
- Add an adult "mentor" to their experiences.
- Give students a role model to emulate.
- Know that the community cares about their success.
- Increase their knowledge of the business community.
Partners usually offer to help in ways that match their own capabilities, such as:
- Providing student motivation through incentives, recognition events, etc.
- Funding of supplies, equipment, and/or programs.
- Sharing expertise (career days, advisory committees, special presentations)
- Providing teacher appreciation and support.
- Donating in-kind services, materials or supplies.
- Offering student internships and job placement opportunities.
- Providing discounted services or items to district employees.
- Give the gift of time and personal commitment.
- Sponsor field trips or business tours.
- Support students by granting scholarships and awards for outstanding achievement and/or perfect attendance.
2018-19 Partners in Education