Visiting a MWISD Campus
Parents and others are welcome to visit any District Campus. For the safety of students & staff and to avoid disruption of instructional time, all visitors must report to the main office and comply with all District policies and procedures.
Mineral Wells ISD is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for students, teachers, and visitors. Parent and volunteer involvement are a key component to student success in school. The district is committed to the safety of our students and has implemented procedures to safeguard students, staff, and visitors.
• All school doors will remain locked during the school day.
• Parents needing to visit a classroom or conference with a teacher must go through the appropriate procedure for visitors to the campus.
• During the school day, all parents / visitors will need to enter the campus through the main entry of the building.
The school day is defined as when the first student arrives at school and the last student leaves. Elementary campuses have staff available to begin receiving students at 7:10 am daily.
• Visitors will be allowed access once designated campus personnel determine who the visitor is and the purpose of their visit.
• All visitors must check-in at the front office or designated location and must present a valid driver’s license or a government issued photo ID.
• The visitor must present the ID upon each visit to confirm their identity. This step is to ensure that the data returned from Navigate 360 matches the ID.
• Visitors must always wear a district-issued badge or visitor sticker while in the building.
• Visitors must check out at the front office or designated location and return the visitor sticker prior to departing the facility.
All visitors will be asked to present a valid state or government issued photo identification card to the school’s receptionist. This ID will be scanned into the system and the personal information from the ID is cross-referenced against names of Registered Sexual Offenders (RSO) in a database maintained by Navigate 360. Within moments, the receptionist will know if the visitor is an RSO. If this is the case, then guidelines are in place to positively engage the visitor and consider the validity of the request to visit the school. If this is not the case, then the system will print out a visitor’s pass which includes the person’s name, photo, date of visit, and destination within the building. Visitors will be expected to leave their ID in the office during their visit and can retrieve their ID when they leave the building. This assures the staff of who is still in the building in the event of an emergency.
Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time are permitted only with approval of the principal and teacher and only so long as their duration or frequency does not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the normal school environment. If a conference with a teacher is necessary, contact the front office of your child's campus to decide for a day and time to meet.
All visitors are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of courtesy and conduct; disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.