Mineral Wells High School FFA will be attending the Area FFA Greenhand Camp in Abilene on Tuesday, September 22, 2015. FFA members enrolled in their first year of high school credit agricultural science, that have satisfactory plans for a supervised agricultural experience (SAE) program and that have demonstrated their understanding of the history and purpose of the FFA may apply for their Greenhand Degree. This degree of active membership is awarded at the chapter level.
Greenhand FFA Degrees are given out at the chapter level.
To receive a Greenhand FFA Degree, members must meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in an agricultural education program and have satisfactory plans for a Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE).
- Learn and explain the FFA Creed, FFA Mission and Motto, and FFA salute.
- Describe and explain the meaning of the FFA emblem and FFA colors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the FFA Code of Ethics and the proper use of the FFA jacket.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history of the organization, the chapter constitution and bylaws and the chapter Program of Activities.
- Own or have access to the Official FFA Manual and the Official FFA Student Handbook.
- Submit a written application for the Greenhand FFA Degree.